American Cancer Society's Relay for Life
- 2017 Info Coming Soon!
- Schedule of Events
- Survivors Lap: Following the Opening Ceremony
- During the Survivors Lap, upbeat music plays as all cancer survivors at the event take the first lap around the track cheered on by the other participants who line the track, celebrating their victory over cancer.
- Caregivers Lap: Following/With the Survivors Lap
- During the Caregivers Lap, anyone who ever cared for someone with cancer walks a lap so they can be honored for their support. Caregivers walk this lap with the people they helped if they are also present at the event.
- Luminaria Ceremony: Friday, May 20, at 11:00 p.m.
- The Luminaria Ceremony is a time to remember people we have lost to cancer, to support people who currently have cancer, and to honor people who have fought cancer in the past. The power of this ceremony lies in providing an opportunity for people to work through grief and find hope.
- Closing Ceremony: Saturday, May 21, at 3:30 p.m.
- The Closing Ceremony is a time to remember the lives of those lost and to celebrate that each of us has committed, through our participation in a Relay event, to fight back against this disease over the next year.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement symbolizes hope and our shared goal to end a disease that threatens the lives of so many people we love. If cancer has touched your life, participating in a Relay For Life event is a way to take action and help finish the fight. This is your opportunity to honor cancer survivors, remember those you have lost, and raise funds and awareness to fight back and help end cancer forever.
American Cancer Society
ATTN: Relay For Life of Lewis County
1313 Broadway Ste 100
Tacoma, WA 98402-3400